Friday, January 15, 2010

Does anyone else not like the popular clothing of teenagers today?

i really don't like the popular clothing of teenagers today. i've been against the mainstream my whole life. i get my clothes from fashion bug, and i don't know of any girls my age who shop there. am i just one of the few teenagers who like what they like, and don't base what they like on what's considered popular?Does anyone else not like the popular clothing of teenagers today?
If you were truly against mainstream you wouldn't buy at a big name retailer like Fashion Bug. You would shop at a local thrift store. But, yes I hate the gangster look all the kids are wearing, especially when white kids do it.Does anyone else not like the popular clothing of teenagers today?
Depends by what you define as popular. I'm not a Hollister or Abercrombie shopper, but I still love skinny jeans because I'm tall and thin. And I'm liking the whole plaid trend that's in this fall (I've loved it since it started to appear last year.)





I buy what I like, whether it's in or not. I go by my tastes, not really by what everyone wears. I don't wear flip flops, I don't like hoodies and I find Uggs and Juicy velour track suits equivalent to barf. I use my judgement when facing trends and go strictly on that.
The main disadvantage about shopping in mainstream stores (including Fashion Bug) is that sooner or later, you're bound to find someone out there with the same (or very similar) clothing as you.


I bought a blouse on clearance (like $2) at Charlotte Russe thinking ';Yessss, it's the only one!'; and went to a concert, only to find other girls wearing very very very similar blouses like as mine.


As long as you're comfortable, who cares what you wear? ;)
well im with you,ur not alon,i shop at fashion bug too.hehe but there i somethins that i like,like skinny jeans and all that, but one thing that gets on my nerves is that everyone dresses the same, i buy something and make it my own.like buy clothes cut them or wwear them in a diff way,then after awhile(even though it seriously irritates me)people start to see nd they start there own style,but there are some freaks that just straight out copy but owell what canii doo???so umm yeahl lol after my long chat, i agree.
I used to be obsessed with a certain brand name that was popular, because the store was new in our mall, but then i found a look that i like. I shop at many different stores to find exactly what i need for my wardrobe and i dont know that many people with this look. I think all the brand names that the popular kids wear is kind of boring and uninspiring.. really bla.
You buy ALL your clothes from Fashion Bug? Eek. I buy like one or two shirts there when I'm there with my mom, but usually they're dressy and for like dinners or parties. Wow. But hey, whatever floats your boat. I love American Eagle, but I hate Hollister and Abercrombie. Aero's cool too. I get a lot of my clothes at Target, but I don't judge. Wear what you like, who cares if it's popular.
Plenty of people wear what they want, including me. You aren't that original. But anyway, I think teenage fashion is kinda bland, usually the same abercrombie, hollister, forever 21 stuff. I do wear AE though, but I try to mix it up with other things or wear it in a new way. So yeah.





And I love how the Anti Jonas guy says he's anti mainstream but his last question had an outfit with Hollister jeans and chucks. Wow...
I really don't like AE or any of those kinds of brands.I don't follow other people and wear them just so I can be considered cooler like what they try to do.I just wear a regular blank t shirt and jeans.All the kids in middle school years ago that wore them were really cocky and thought they were superior to everyone.Your not alone here.If I ever buy something that stands out I just go to Toku.
Well we all develop our style as we mature. Once you find a look that really appeals to you, stick to it.





Trends come and go, but I have things that I bought 10, or even 20 years ago that are still stylish and I still wear.





When you know what you like you can invest in quality. In the long run you spend a lot less than those who follow fads.
I'm 16 and I don't wear ';normal'; teenage clothing.


I shop either at brass plum, juicy couture, dior, or I make my own clothes. Because I'm an up and coming fashion designer. (:
i don't care what other people wear. it's not up to me. and plus, i have nothing against anyone that's different from me.
Ew I just looked at that website. I would like shopping there if I was a 40-year-old mom. Don't act like you're so special just because you have a ';unique'; style.
I don't have anything against them. I just don't think they're worth the price.








The only popular thing that I cannot stand is Uggs.
my sister hates whats in fashion cause she looks on websites like dolce and gabbana and thats the stuff thats really popular she says...
i don't really shop according to what the other girls are wearing. I just buy what i like at a variety of stores.
i agree i dont either
yes it SUCKS

No comments:

Post a Comment