Thursday, January 21, 2010

How have skyrocketing gasoline prices affected the lives of teenagers?

Yes they defiantly have. My parents wont take me any where because gas is soooooo expensive.Where ever i want to go i have to walk and it takes 4 EVER. Im late to mostly everything, including school, and meetings. My family eats soup almost every nite and i dont eat lunch or breakfast so i can save them money to buy gas, and groceries. I cant even get free lunch or reduced lunch because my parents together only make 56,000 and have 1 child. Thats B*LL SH*T!! we even have to give our pets away. For my mom and dad to drive their cars, it takes about 100.00 to fill their gas tank A WEEK!! Its awful.. I HATE THIS WORLD!!! THE ECONOMY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!How have skyrocketing gasoline prices affected the lives of teenagers?
I would suppose less money from their parents to go out to the movies, mall, or w/e. And less often the parents won't be willing to drive them to those places.





For new teen drivers, it sometimes forces them to only drive to school and back because they don't have enough gas money for anything else, and with their parents paying even more for gas, I doubt teens are getting extra gas money from their parents.How have skyrocketing gasoline prices affected the lives of teenagers?
It's affected not only young adult drivers but everyone of average means. I think many more people will and should purchase mopeds to use for in city travel to include going to and from school. Once it hits $4 a gallon Mopeds will be exploding more than ever on our roadways. Some are big enough to carry two people and have the power to cruise on any US Hwy. So they would be also Ok for dates etc.
The gas prices suck! I am 17 have a 4 month old baby gotta buy diapers clothes formula and a bunch of other stuff for him and then the gas prices just to go to work is unbelieveable. Where i live it is 3.69 per gallon. ';I have no public transportation like other people do. Some times i have to go to work on E and that is sad!
Yes. Especially socialy. Less transport. Also my hope for getting my certain dream care when i get my licence is shattered:(.





In the next 10 years it will either be hybrid cars or tiny mini cars which take minimal petrol. The prices are only going to get worse :S.
yea i think it will have a major effect on all teenagers who drive. that means you can't go to the ocean every day unless you live like 5 mintues away from it..i live about 30 minutes away from the ocean. gas is crazy.. it sucks that it has to effect us ad all those other drivers out there.
of course. there have been things that i have wanted to do so badly, but because we didnt have the money for gas, i couldn't go. it's really frustrating. my mom is always saying how when she first started driving, she could FILL UP her ENTIRE gas tank for $6!!!! that's insane! that's like a gallon and a half now
You can't travel as much as you would like to. I mean, yeah, you can always use the public transport, but for some people, it takes too long. And, you hear your parents complaining all the time about stupid gas bills.
Because us parents can no longer afford to be your taxi cab drivers and bring you all over the place to friends or the mall because we are too worried about savin the gas to get to work!!
I am sure its has as neither they nor their parents have as much dispensibe cash as they used to.
not only teens hun but everyone that drives......lol

No comments:

Post a Comment