Saturday, January 23, 2010

Is virginity still important to youth particularly to teenagers?

i am a 2nd year high school student. i need your opinion regarding this issue because i need some information for our upcoming debate. i am at the positive side so please help me to support that virginity is still important to youth. thank you. Is virginity still important to youth particularly to teenagers?
Heck Yes it is important to me!


I want my first time to be special


In highschool or even college people think they're in love


but then like 2 months later someone cheats on the other person.


Or once you give your self away (have sex) then the other will just want to do it more


Also people will look at you differently


I don't care if you take the pill


You still risk getting a disease


It doesn't matter if you both are virgins


Also think about this


if you give up your virginity and then later on end up waiting till you find someone you love and ya'll both stayed abstinent... you won't be


that one time ruined it for you


I'm in the eighth grade and haven't had my first kiss


and I want my first kiss to be with someone who hasn't had theres yet


Well just imagine this with your virginity


I know its not the greatest point


but my virginity means alot to me


and also religion is brought into this


but I really don't feel like typing my feelings about that haha


well goodluck with your debate


hope this helped


:]Is virginity still important to youth particularly to teenagers?
The thing about virginity is that, once it's lost, there's no going back. Most teenagers have a very skewed idea of romance, love and relationships, based on what they have read or seen on television or the movies, and giving up their virginity to someone that they ';love'; at 14 or 15 automatically puts more importance on a relationship than it usually deserves.





One of the problems with introducing sex into a relationship is that the development of the relationship usually stops at that point. After that, it becomes a sexual relationship, as opposed to an emotional one. Everything is centered around sex -- when you're going to do it, where you're going to do it, how to do it without getting pregnant . . . it's a very unhealthy way to grow a relationship. Teenagers think they are taking a relationship ';to the next level'; when they have sex -- what they are really doing is bringing the relationship to a grinding halt. Girls, especially, but guys, too, tend to excuse basic emotional incompatibilities when they start to have sex, and make excuses for a relationship that may have died of its own accord IF sex wasn't part of the mix.





Sex should be the culmination of a relationship -- not a handshake.
It is very important to me. I always resolved to myself that while I may not wait for marriage, I would wait until I felt that I was completely ready and with someone who wouldn't just use me to get sex.





I am eighteen years old and I am still a virgin. Many people I know think that's weird, but I don't see it as weird at all. It just means that my virginity means a lot to me, and the person that I give it up to has to understand that, and I also have to know that it means a lot to them too - that I love and trust them enough to go all the way with them.





So, to answer your question, virginity is still important to many young people. To be cliche, a lot of people will say ';Well everybody's doing it,'; and many of us, myself included, can say, ';Not me.'; :)
Society as a whole where I live anyway....no I dont think it is its more like a game!


Me growing up it was very important to me, I wanted to lose it at the legal age, with someone I loved. I lost my virginity 4 months after my 16 birthday to a guy Id been with for 8 months, we contiuned seeing each other for another 16 months.


I worry about my younger brothers one whom is 15 and has a girlfriend. I talk to him alot about peer pressure, and ';losing it'; when the time is right not when your friends are doing it.


Many teenagers think its geat to sleep around, I had a friend who lost it to a guy on holiday....she was 14, I know she regrets it now.
To most young people having sex has no meaning ...sometimes it's treated almost like a handshake and something you just have to endure as a part of growing up and the earlier you get it done the better. They should consider virginity as the greatest gift they have to offer and not something to take lightly. I'm realistic enough to know that few teens remain virgins until they marry. My concern is the lackadaisical attitude amount teens about having sex and missing out on what should be a wonderful memory if you wait for the right person.Maybe it won't be the person you marry but make it someone who is worthy of your greatest gift and who understands the difference between making love and having sex
Of course! I'm 13 and PROUD to be a virgin! Waiting for marriage baby!





Imagine this:


Girl is say bout 14 or 15 and is a virgin. She meets a guy and ';falls in love with him.'; He claims to also to be a virgin, so she decides to have sex with him. 2 months later, he cheats on her and wasn't really a virgin.





That's a perfect example of why I'm waiting for my Mr. Right. Of course, I have been asked, but sorry buster. Waiting for marriage here!



It is to my daughter. She has asked for a purity ring which is a reminder to stay pure till marriage. With all the diseases and such about it is safer to be a virgin. Also it is a wonderful thing to share yourself for the first time with the one that will be your husband for life. (that should be your attitude with marriage.)
,for me its important because virginity is a gift that you give to your husband/wife on your wedding night.god created sex just for marriage and for the married ones.and there is no right age to lose your virginity until you're married with someone whom you really love.












Virginity was VERY important to me. I gave it to my best friend this time last year and we are still best friends and I am so glad I gave it to him. I trusted him and he trusted me. But sometimes it isn't that girls don't have respect it is that she is forced or pressured into it. .
It was very important to me and I wanted to make sure that I found the right person to lose it to. I waited until I was 19 to lose my virginity and I'm glad that I did. I would not be able to handle the possible consequences were I any younger.
As a teenager, it is fairly important. Like i wouldn't go out and do it with any random, but im not going to wait til marriage im just waiting for the right guy. What happens if your partners **** it bed and your married to him? Just a thought....
according to yahoo questions and answers, teenage girls don't care whether they are virgin, most seam to lose there virginity at young age,


in the case of guys, they want to have as many virgin conquest as possible before they get married
This question actually caught me by surprise. I am a fifteen year old guy and yes i think that virginity is still important to the youth after all all my mates (3 guys and 2 girls) and me have purity rings. LOL
I think there's very few people where it's not important at all. However what is not always important anymore (rarley is really) is the age-old belief that sex should wait until after marrige, a practice rarly carried out by teenagers.
For some, it is still very important. But for a lot, it doesn't matter anyway as long as you do it with the one you love.
So you wouldn't have to worry about pregnacy and STDs yes, abstinence is the key.
yes of course. .Virginity is still important
it is very important to me....don't know about rest of them! and i'm still a virgin
it was to me
it depends on the person


most guys like a chick that isnt to beat up
to any with self respect or morals
boooo!!!! go OPPOSITION!! haha,, joke! of course, it's important..


but I want you to loose! BOOO!!! BOOOOOOO!!



No comments:

Post a Comment