Saturday, January 23, 2010

What are the effects of rumors on teenagers?

I'm writing an essay on rumors for my English class.





What are the effects that negative rumors have on teenagers? Boys and girls.





Are there good things that can come out of these bad situations? If so, what are they?What are the effects of rumors on teenagers?
The biggest and most hurtful effect is the reputation of someone. Often, in high school culture (oh yes, it is its own culture) words are powerful and whether rumors are true make no difference. Once the damage is done, the teen is stuck with this label which affects their social experiences for the remainder of their time there.What are the effects of rumors on teenagers?
Well if the rumor was true, and the teen was ashamed, they will learn a life long lesson on how to behave next time. That there is a here after.! It could also benefit others who hear the rumor as to not make the same mistake. It may be a situation where it could scar someone for the rest of there life also. Sometimes people can't get over some things!.
There are a lot of rumurs that go through school and it depends on the way u look at it and deal with it. I had many rumors about me through school and it knowcked me down so fast that I almost dropped out of highschool. But then I realized I would be doing exactly what they wanted (to put others down to bring them higher) Well no Io didnt get to graduate and walk stage but I did get my diploma a month later and know that Im in college its a lot better because I know I there just to work toward my future while all those ppl that put me down either dropped out of high school or didnt go on to college, So just stick in there and just remember that rumers are an act of jealosy from the other person to put u down to bring them up! I hope everything will help!!
I have only heard rumors causing problems. I have heard that they cause anger, revenge,anoroxia ,bullemia,suicide.
Rumors can have devasting effects on teenagers because they haven't yet developed any coping skills. They feel defenseless against rumors.





People who engage in gossip and rumor-spreading are not kind. If you engage in rumors, it tells me something about your character. I doubt if I would want to be friends with you, because you will do it to me too.





I suppose if you learn something about gossip, when it happens to you, you might choose to not do it to someone else. That is a positive thing. You have learned to not do it.





One thing about passing rumors, is that just like the ';telephone game';, it often is not the same rumor anymore. People have forgotten parts and other people have added parts.
riots, pissed off people, and you might want to let the bodies hit the floor. and make derek mad
there is'nt any thing good. A bunch of mean girls decide to disc some girl and they are brutal until they get them out.


That is why we have small classes of home schooled kids.


Because the bullys won't stop until they get them out.
rumors are terrible. i don`t know of a good thing that comes out of it except the satisfaction of questioning and busting the person(s) who said it..well for me i get that satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment