Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Adults : do you find some teenagers difficult to communicate with?

I find boys generally far harder to talk to than girls. Girls at that age are usually more confident than boys (though the one particular teen I find hardest to communicate with happens to be a girl!)





I find they often only talk in cohesive language and complete sentences to those they are most familiar and comfortable with. To the rest of us, they just give a series of one word responses or inarticulate grunts.Adults : do you find some teenagers difficult to communicate with?
this day and age they are cheeky arrogant little twats and have no respect for adults and/or other people.send em all to boot camp..BRING BACK BORSTALAdults : do you find some teenagers difficult to communicate with?
Where I live in the deep south, communicating with anyone can be a challenge.





I drive a school bus, and I do have translators. Children who are bi-lingual in that their parents make them speak like adults at home, but still speak like teens at school.
You have it all wrong,its the inarticulate,uneducated ,shy,unworldly youngsters who cannot communicate and dont know how to respond or behave in company.When they get older and with more experience and knowledge ,their communication skills usually improve.The better educated kids are usually no problem and converse and behave a lot better than most adults.
i agree with you my teenage son has lost the ability to communicate, he grunts or sulks his way through the day, if you ask if everything is OK he smiles and says fine if you don't ask he accuses you of not caring, i think teenage boys are just like this when he has gone through puberty he will become human again ( i hope) but my mother in law has assured me that this is normal and it will improve so maybe there is some light at the end of the tunnel
that's simply because your peers don't judge us for being silly or having our own mind on certain things but our parents and other adult do. I've found that teenagers are more willing to take your side of the story into account then adult. so you can't blame us for not wanting to talk to you
I think it's because we generally don't have much in common with people older than us, so we find it hard to make conversatons. I also find my parents ask me a simple question and are usually expecting a complicated answer, to something like ';what did you do at school today?'; and if i go into too much detail they're like ';no need to be rude';. Most teenagers like to be left alone mose of the time as well. I think as they get older you'll find you have more in common and more to talk about!
Yes........roll on adult hood.
you need to find common ground with anyone.. is the simple answer.. me it's music, so I can talk to anybody about most sorts of music.. even people very are shocked at the sorts of music I know (due to sampling when making music)





even if it's say eastenders or something.. as for the use of english or lack of proper english, I'm the last person to say anything.. if you look beyond that, and the content of what they are saying is the thing.





sometimes teens are stroppy, I mean look at kevin %26amp; perry.. I'm sure a lot can relate to that





the prime example, people being rude to their parents, but angelic to their mates parents.
I work/volunteer with teens and they are all a challenege but you have to get in there like you really care about them. Start by talking about things they like to do and slowly they will come around. If you dont understand what they are saying, then that ';where i am from we dont use that type of language'; all of my kids laugh when I say that and they excuse themselves and talk in correct Englsih.
No. Teenagers love to talk.
I much prefer teens to little kids. I usually have a houseful of them, as my two teens bring their mates and girlfriends/boyfriends round. My grumpy teen is a nightmare to get on with, (Sings' Hey moaner') but as long as we can laugh together sometimes and forgive each other, we are doing okay.


I found out early not to try and cramp their style as long as they dont cramp mine. We all get on great then. :-)
As a teenager I feel that that is a gross generealization thank you very much!





It is similar to saying that ';All men are rude'; beacue you know a few rude men or saying, ';All dogs are fierce'; when you olny know three dogs and two out of the three are fierce.





I hop you can now see how ridiculous the statement you have made is.





We are certainly not quiet and unsociable - frankly - you cannot have met many decent tennagers.





Cohesive language, thanks very much!!! Grunts....???





I know plenty of adults who do not wish to talk to teenagers.





Although the majority of teenagers are angst-ridden and spotty and grunting unsociable and very private there are many who are very sociable and willing to make conversation.





Please! do not make generalisations like this - it is most unfair to us and gives teenagers a bad name. I know that some are bad but not all of us are - myself being one of them :)





It is the fault of the parents of the teenager is impolite and saying that all teenagers are rude blames mannt blameless parents. My parents have brought me up to be polite and considerate to other people. This includes answering any questions they have and starting polite conversation.





One further thing:





why teach children ';Speak when spoken to'; if you are going to complain that they do not wish to communicate.





There are plenty of well educated and polite teenagers. It is the less well-educated teenagers who are like this, mainly becasue their parents have not borught them up to be polite or considerate. It is certainly not ALL teenagers.





I hope I have given you points to consider!!

No comments:

Post a Comment