Thursday, January 21, 2010

Why teenagers like to go against society?

I am a teenager and I don't like being a rebel and disobeying. In my mind, there is nothing cool about it.Why teenagers like to go against society?
As a teenager you have a lot of knowledge ... what teens don't realize is they lack experience ... so they think they know more than they do . This makes many of them rebellious .Why teenagers like to go against society?
I am beginning to believe that it is a 'right of passage' for youths to rebel against 'authority' (esp in western cultures). Our predecessors did it, as did theirs, etc. At a certain age (it varies with maturity), youths outgrow the need to be compliant, and must express their 'coming of age'. Unfortunately, the elders are unwilling to learn from their own rebellions, and will continue to 'squelch' the voice of the younger. It is a history which repeats. I don't find it unusual, however, as society has so desensitized it's children from violence and hatred, the children are growing more and more volatile in their expressions. I would not wish to be a teenager in today's society, and I applaud you for standing your ground and being true to yourself. Keep up the good work!
Teens act rebelliously becuase they feel that if they don't, then their future will be limited to what adults feel is acceptable today. Sometimes, teens dont even agree with what theyre rebelling to, they just do it anyway, just so that people can say ';this is unaccepatble'; and then they can say ';well it shouldnt be becuase i think people should be able do this...blah blah'; some people are rebels cuz some people find it attractive. others just like being different.
Because it's the stage in our life where we start seeing society for what it really is, and we still have the will to protest and fight the predetermined life that society has in store for us... Soon after we give up, and give in. Realizing that there is nothing we can do. We are slaves to the system, and that's just how it is. It's sad we stop voicing our concern at such an early age. Don't live blindly, like a sheep, just because it's the accepted thing to do. We settle for so little in the end, it's a shame what we consider rationality and maturity in this day and age. The truth is adults aren't adults... you'll realize this when you get there.
I am glad that you don't think that there is anything cool about rebelling:) I have a teenage son and he is the same way! Does not get it from his parents that's for darn sure. Everyone says that it is just a ';phase';...well not always...I know some adults that buck the system and they were not classified as ';rebel yell'; teenagers..I think it is more about the person...and yes some ';rebels'; can invoke change through their actions if the cause is just....but most of the time the defiance is self-serving and that'll get ya nowhere but grounded or in jail
I'm totally with you on this.. I'm a teenager and I agree with you, but sometimes don't your parents just piss you off. I know mine do, but I just get on with it and move on...


I'm not really a rebel don't like to think of myself as a rebel cos i'm not.





Anyway Hope this helps...
As a mother of 2 teenagers ,I think it is human nature ,if teenagers did not rebel parents would never let them go ,so nature makes them rebellious and then the parents are glad to let them go ,the equivalent to the mother bird kicking the chicks out of the nest
I'm a teenager too and I only rebel against my parents because I believe some of their choices are morally wrong. I also procrastinate, but I think that'll be a lifelong thing. Other than that, I don't seem to hate society much.
Because where I'm from, the police are crooked and disobey the law too, but they try to enforce the law at the same time. All cops are not honest heroes you think they are. That's why teenagers around my town are so rebellious.
ehh its the AGE


we'll get over it :] hahaha


answer mine please? :]


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?鈥?/a>
I'm fourteen and the only thing I rebel in the normal stereotype. being ';hardcore'; is so last year. xD lol.
Because they feel opressed by adults.
Teenagers think that they are grown up and they are ready for the world...but they are not. their still just learning
mmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment