Saturday, January 23, 2010

Do you think sex education for children/teenagers encourages sexual activity?

Do you not think it's better that they know the correct facts rather than playground chatter?Do you think sex education for children/teenagers encourages sexual activity?
It doesn't encourage it. Teenagers will be sexual active whether or not they are informed. It is important that they know how to protect themselves properly and don't follow any unsound advice.





The information provided can also be very beneficial. For example take two teens who have a condom break on them. Would you rather they know about the morning after pill or not?Do you think sex education for children/teenagers encourages sexual activity?
Well you tell me what is different now from 50 years ago when teenagers were not having sex at 13?


Yes we educate them more about sex, and this is definately part of the reason.


Another reason is that promisuity is now, wrongly in my opinion, generally not frowned upon, and those that do have sex often, even at that age, are championed as if they have something to be proud of.


So if we tell youngsters how to have sex and things like that even when they are not mature enough to understand the possible consequences ( children, infection, etc) then i think that in itself is a problem.


I also think their promisuity is down to their parents handling of the childs childhood. If they are taught proper morals and live in a safe, secure home, it is my opinion that they will have a much more mature attitude to sex than many others.


I understand it may be difficult for some to implement this, but in my opinion, raising of children should be the most important thing, regardless of what else is going on.


So to answer your question, sex education may not necessarily ';encourage'; sexual activity, but just by educating them on this subject we are leaving the door open for them to experiment, and more often than not people will.


At school, i found sex education useless, and it did not teach anything safe it just told you basically what sex was.


People are often told that sex can mean conceiving a child, but how many of you know that cervical cancer is due to an STI?


Surely if we promote educating them on sex we also promote sex, indirectly possibly, but we are still educating those that would not necessarily have previously know anything that we were teaching them about and we have now given them the tools to go and experiment.


So in short my opinion is yes, sex education do increase promiscuity, and until a person reaches roughly the age of 15, i think they should be told nothing more than the absolute basics.
I don't think it encourages it at all. In fact I think if kids new about sex they wouldn't want to do it so much, especially knowing all the diseases and stuff and what happens if you get them. I watched the sex education show series and it proved that teens and kids would rather talk about it, and the only reason they want to do it is because it's a taboo
I'm 13 and I personally would like more sexual education in my school. I had a little bit when I was 11 but they didn't explain the emotional things involved. Most stuff I know about sex now are rumors that I've forced out of girls that are 17. I hate how people say I'm a kid and that they don't want to tell me stuff. It actually makes me want to try it out more when I don't know that information than when I do know it



Knowledge about sex doesn't mean they will go out and do it but every child is different. For most, sex education will give them the information they need to make informed decisions on if they want to have sex or not, also how to protect themselves. But the education needs to extend pass the school room and into the home. Parents should be involved with it and reinforce it at home.
Yes, they need to know about themselves, but let's face it, STD's are running amok, and they need to be informed. Ignorance is not bliss, especially these days. I doubt very seriously that if you stook a straw poll that teens would say sex education encouraged them to be promiscuous, my #1 guess would be peer pressure and #2 would be sheer curiosity because everything you see these days has a sexual connotation.
tbh no because they need to know it , its a lrge part of life


however you should teach them the conseques


the thing that encourages sexual activity its parents not teaching them themselves what consequencs are and that it is a bad thing to be doing things like that at a young age I.e kids are bragging about things on the street because they think it makes them look good . urm no


however it is quite rediculous that kids are being taugh it at a rediculous age like 7
If anything i would think i deters it. But the sex education that i remember getting at school was too censored and not enough to scare me away from it lol .


But now that i am in college and learning about pregnancy and all that type of stuff,also having to watch a video of a live birth, o God that **** looks painful , and i dunno if i want my vag to go through all that stretching lol .



Sex ed or no sex ed, kids ARE going to have sex.





I 100% agree with sex ed. The proper facts should be readily accessible. I also believe in handing out condoms in school to promote safe sex.





I also think self esteem programs should be implemented in schools and go hand-in-hand with the sex ed programs. That, I believe, would curb teen pregnancy and STD's significantly.
I think that sex education is ok. I took it when I was in school. I would rather my kids know the facts than something they hear from a friend or elsewhere which might be wrong. Although I will have the talk with my kids well before that class even comes up. I do not think it forces or makes kids want to try it. They all make their own decisions about what they want to do some choose to wait while others do for it now.
well in my middle school when we learned about sex half of my grade had already done it so it wasn't a shocker to them but obviously it was to me lol. once they got all the right information they just went buck wild. i mean its good that the kids know but i starting to think (by judging the kids in my town) that by the time they have the class, its kinda late.
No, it doesn't encourage it at all.


In my opinion, people will choose to have sex when they choose to have sex, it is irrelevant whether they know the facts.


Therefore children/teenagers should be taught so that at least they are going into it with their eyes open.
No, I don't think it encourages it...It may scare them away from it...


Information is key to this problem...So much misinformation cannot


be tolerated...It's like people telling their kids those horrible old stories


- Hansel and Gretel, Little Red Riding Hood, etc - to ';teach'; them to behave.
no.. if they dont take sex ed then they grow up not knowing whats going on and they get pregnant.. they have no idea about pregnancy preventions or anything. then we have to pay for it. if i didnt take it in school i would probably be pregnant now.. i hate babies.. so there for i took the class and found out everything i wanted to know about it.
I do not think it encourages it because at some point they become curious. Being adequately informed at least gives them a better point of view. And when they do decide to have sex, which we all hope they have the presence of mind to wait, they will have known to practice safe sex.
Definitely not. It's best if they know all about safe sex and what's true %26amp; what's not. It doesn't exactly tell them go out and have sex, but when they do engage in an intimate relationship, it teaches them right from wrong and why you should be safe.
Well, the sex ed. you get in school is more to put you off.


Who wants to think of their teacher putting a condom on a cucumber when theyr doin it for the first time tbh?


and im a teen, it helps you more. and even without sex ed, the majority of ppl wud still be the same way
I think sex ed is helpfull! cause My mates kid is dead close to me and she comes to me about everything and if she ever comes to me about this i can tell er straight vtw my mate is 26 and her kid is only 7 nearly 8 and im a teenager myself!
majority of sex ed covers protection, and diseases,


it is a very good thing for kids to know so that they know what they are getting into before they do. And when they do get into they know how to stay safe.
no, i think the more info they have the better, people had babies and were totally ignorant for so long because they had no knowledge of how babies came to be, that was my mother talking and that is all i can say on it
The urge to engage in sex comes from within. Education can only improve the situation, as long as it is the right information.
in holland they teach everything from gay love to masturbating to sti's and onwards. They have the lowest teenage pregnancy rate, They must be doing something right.
of course it does but than again i would rather them know instead of finding out by trying out what they see on tv or anywhere else and protection is the best policy good luck
It doesn't. After the sex ed day in our school, everyone was just going ';eww...'; mainly because all they talked about was STDs.
There Going to do it regardless of what they know. But Sex Ed Is just helping them know whats right %26amp; wrong...contraception etc...



It definitely can.
i dont think encourages it , maybe encourages safer practices
no


im a teenager, and i find the information helpful,


not encouraging.
If it does, then I think its worth it. There are too many young teens out there getting pregnant.
I think so..


the class is just letting them know the ';what could happens';





i took it in High School..





LOL


Had my first kid at 17
~No.. did u watch 'the sex education show' last night? it actually asked this question
  • liquid eye liner
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment