Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What are some good books for teenagers?

I want to buy my 13 year old niece some books but I have no idea what to get her! Help!What are some good books for teenagers?
Well what are her interests?


I'll list a ton of books I like. I'm 14.





Sara Zarr (Story of a Girl)


Tara Altebrando (The Pursuit of Happiness)


Dana Reinhardt (A Brief Chapter in My Impossible Life)


Meg Cabot (Princess Diaries series, All American Girl, How to be Popular)


Maureen Johnson ( 13 Little Blue Envelopes, The Bermudez Triangle, The Key to the Golden Firebird**)


Cecily von Ziegesar (Gossip Girl series.)


Ann Brashares (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series)





By the way, if she's interested in fantasy, I strongly suggest Stephanie Meyer -'Twilight' series. Twilight is the first book followed by New Moon


Eclipse


Breaking Dawn.


I haven't read them considering I'm not a huge fan of fantasy, but I always hear good things about it. ;]





That's what I can think of right now. If I think of anything else, I can e-mail you, or just add it on here. :D


Hope this helps.








What are some good books for teenagers?
Please don't get your niece that disgusting twilight series. It is.... garbage, trash and very discriminating considering the female protagonist (although being eighteen) can hardly function without help from somebody... she always depends on somebody. The last book is the cake topper for the series (thank goodness it is the last one) it centers around the male and female protagonists, age eighteen there about, and their wedding and etc... well you can read the review on amazon/wikipedia. It's trash and should not be given to anybody under 15+ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaking_da鈥?/a>


really disgusting in my opinion and should have never been published.





PuddleJumpers --- I highly reccomend this, it is a cute story. Fantasy fiction.


The Redwall Series-- fantasy fiction


Artemis Fowl Series-- adventure/action/fantasy (some people have trouble getting into it so it depends on each person-- I really enjoyed it but a close relative didnt, you see?)


Hoot- ecological mystery


The Ancient One-- ecological fantasy


East-- fairy-tale retelling


Heidi -- classic


My Friend Flicka-- classic


The Animal Family-- classic


HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy series-- Science Fiction/Humour


Ella Enchanted --- fantasy


Ever --- fantasy


Fairest-- fantasy


The Little Princess -- classic


Watership Down -- classic


Alice's Adventures in Wonderland -- classic


The Schwa was here-- humour/fiction


Kingdom Keepers series -- thriller


Inkspell series -- fantasy


Journey to the River Sea -- ecological fiction


Pollyanna -- classic


Little Women series -- classics


Sisters Grimm series -- humour/fantasy/retelling


Stravaganza series-- fantasy


The Princess Bride --fantasy





good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment