Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Why are teenagers so obsessed with technology?

Like iPhones, Sidekicks, Blackberries, cell phones, etc... I mean, I'm a teenager and I don't even have *any* of those gadgets. Besides a cell phone for emergencies, what is the big deal over all these other things?Why are teenagers so obsessed with technology?
Because it's fun and a cool way to spend your time. I love to text and play video games. I guess you are right in a way, teenagers need to get out and play but texting and playing video games and surfing the internet are entertaining and time consuming and it's a cool and a fun way to Communicate with your friends and family. I know a lot of teens like you, they like to express themselves without using gadgets and you know what? There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I think that's great! I wish I was like that, but unfortunately most americans aren't and there's nothing really wrong with that either. The gadgets your talking about were made to have fun with and communicate with friends and family. Hope this helps!Why are teenagers so obsessed with technology?
Well....


When some people are teenagers they feel like the most important things in life are popularity and friendship! They use these gadgets in the hopes of making themselves feel popular. If they have these things maybe other people will think they are rich or something.


Also...they need a way to connect with their friends. iPhones Sidekicks Blackberries...if you think about it just different ways to connect. Everyone feels different about cell phones and some people don't feel it's necessary but others do.
umm duhh cus there awesome!!! Its a way to comunicate!! Lol!! A computer is technology!! I mean seriously would u rather ahv a conversation like this: (talking on a phone!!)


Me: Hey


You: Hi


(silence)


Me: so what are you doing today?


You: Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm ( thinking) Going swimming!!


Me: oh thats cool!!


You: ya well my mom has to use the phone to call work so I got to go!!


Me: Oh ok bye!!





Or like this: (texting)


Me: heyy!!!


You: Hello!!


Me: Whatcha doin??!!


You: lol nothin being bored with my cousin!!


Me: sweetness lol haha i feel bad for you!! Haha im partying with my friend Bob!! Haha!! :D


You: Omfg the one i like??!!!


Me: Ya :D!!!!


You: Sweetness come over!!


Me: do u want me 2 bring bob!!


You: LOL DUHHHHHHHHH!!!!!


Me: ok b right over!!





See no ummmmms uhhhhhhhhsss and only one duhhhhhssss haha lol!!
I'm 43 and as a teen I was obsessed with electronics even back then. They really are fascinating I think. My obsession was actually in building guitar pedals, but anything electronic was neat to me. I know what you are saying though, it's like a whole different world with people texting and twirping. Oops, or is it twitting? Like people are THAT interesting. Pleeeze!


Then as an adult I lost interest. In fat I didn't even get a cell phone until last year. I only use it for business and emergencies. It does piss me off seeing people yakking in public. Especially now in grocery stores. I live near the ghetto and believe me some of these people have absolutely no respect. They will talk nonsense at the top of their lungs. It used to bother me that people would call home for what flavor of ice cream, but now they don't even touch a button- they just put on their earpiece and away they spew. Sickening really. It's getting to where you can't even recognize the schizophrenics anymore ( LOL).


About 20 years ago my buddy and I were in Omaha and we spotted a guy dancing around with his walkman on. As we got closer he took it off and asked if we wanted to buy it. My buddy took a look, only to discover it didn't have any batteries in it. We about lost it! LOL....
We are now in a world of technology and teens doesn't want to be left behind . I think that is the nature of individuals of your age. Lucky are those who can afford those luxuries. They always wish to have whatever is the trend. It may be in cloths, accessories or hi tech gadgets. However, i think it is not a big deal if you don't acquire these things. As I have said they are luxuries and life goes on without it. Just make sure you are enjoying life close to the Almighty. God bless!
Part of it is a constant desire to stay connected - technology like Twitter %26amp; other social networking services allow personal friendships, regardless of distance.


Another aspect is pure human nature - we want the shiniest, newest things. And adolescents are most likely to submit to primal urges, as noted by our nation's problem with teenage pregnancy. *ba dum ching*
Probably nothing except running your cell phone bill up.





iPhones are the only thing in your list i see as good (except for the price) You can install apps on there that can really make the full use of your phone.





I have an ipod nano and a Nintendo DS.





DS=fun





ipod=movies and music
Its the sense of self image. The newer gadgets you have, the better off you must be. Or so they think. It has always been the same. When the television and automatic washing machine came out, if you didn't have one, you were looked down upon. Same with cars.
Because their parents would rather spend money and let the kid ';entertain'; themselves than teach the kids what they knew and spend time with them.





ALSO, all the advertising about the latest, greatest, best, whatever.
Whatever gives you games, friend connections, or something to do is what every kid will be into. Friends love to talk and be social. Not a bad thing, unless it's an unhealthy relationship.
it's more of a choice whether you want to use tecnology 'cause i use a computer alot and cellphone for emergency's while i ignore things like blackberries but other people use them alot and that's their choice
Because we all have updated phones...so what? An Iphone is just a phone with a lot of cool features a blackberry IS a phone a Sidekick IS a phone. they all keep you updated and in fashion at the same time.
Because technology has expanded throughout the years. It's apart of society to have those new things. Everybody is a consumer.
I think it's because they want to be ';rich';. All of these gadgets cost money (not to mention.. out of their parent's pockets..) and they want to look like they have the money for it.
me too, i barely have a phone =_= i dun even care !


i only need my comp so i dont get bored!


and even if i dont have that i still have my hamster babies %26lt;3
oh my god.


because some people like to talk to their friends.


they like to have something cool to use.


its your opinion.


not everyone is obsessed.
yeah and why are they so obsessed with the internet';?


like who uses that?


definetly not someone who hates technology....
yeah, and them dang teenagers using Yahoo Answers to get other people to answer the qustions, damn them techno freaks!!
It keeps me occupied, and in touch with my friends.


But I'm not like totally obsessed like if you asked me to put it down for a day or week I'd be happy to :)
It's the way of the future and the only way to survive in this life
Because some people have friends that they like to talk to, not that you know anything about that.
To keep them busy. I'm 23 and I have a daughter who's 14 and she has a blackberry . She also has an ipod.
Is this your way of trying to act more adult by saying all these gadgets are pointless?
me teenager and me no know what teknowagy is?
well i kind of find some electronics confusing but I like electronics because they can be really fun
well you obviously use the computer...


some people want to go on the computer when they are out and about...


thats not understandable?
No teenager calls herself ';miss';





Sounds like you're out of touch
they're the alternative for drugs
because they need technolgy lol.
It is status and peer pressure mostly.
shut up

No comments:

Post a Comment