Sunday, January 17, 2010

Can underweight teenagers get artery blockage?

Basically I have been underweight my whole life. I also have had fast metabolism my whole life. I am 17, 5'5-5'6 and 110-115 pounds. I have been diagnosed with anxiety, and I know I have it too but i dont know how to stop thinking about dying of heart problems etc... what do you guys think my chances are of getting blockage in my arteries? you can laugh, i dont care, but i need to know.Can underweight teenagers get artery blockage?
Unlikely definitely, but possible. there are a number of things that can happen...probably the most likely would be an embolism which can occur when various materials build up in a vein most commonly cholesterol but it could be calcium or other stuff...basically when the build up breaks free of the vessel wall it becomes an embolism, when it reaches the heart it causes problems...





But you have very little to worry about concidering your weight and age...it'll take a long time before a problem like that would arise.Can underweight teenagers get artery blockage?
I understand. If you have a family history of high cholesterol, blood pressure, and/or heart problems, it is definetly a risk that you automatically inherit genetically.


I won't laugh, because I have the same fears. I just lost my last grandfather this year because of heart problems (hardening of the arteries) and my husband who isn't even yet 40 is due for a second triple bypass around that birthday.


Here's my advice. Don't drink, don't smoke. Eat a very healthy and lean diet. Allow yourself to occasionaly have that humaburger, fries, what not, but remember moderation is the key word. Excericise regualrly, but DO NOT go to the extremes, and don't, I mean DON'T dwell on it. Stress over a possibility is just as bad as doing all the things that you aren't suppose to do. Try meditation to help with the anxiety and RELAX! You're still a kid...sorry, but I'm just a little older than you, lol, just be responsible for your future health, but don't dwell on something that may not be.
Heart problems tend to be genetic, especially when they happen unusually (like in an underweight teen).





So unless your parents or grandparents had heart problems as teens, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.
Unlikely but possible. What is your diet and lifestyle like? If you smoke and eat a lot of unhealthy foods, even a fast metabolism makes no difference.
  • eye make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment