Sunday, January 17, 2010

Is it normal for teenagers to experience vision loss?

I just saw my eye doctor and she said that I have become slightly ';near sighted'; and need to get glasses.


Last summer when I had my eye exam my vision was 20/20.


I'm going to be a senior in high school this year I thought if I was going to get vision problems they would show up when I was little like elementary school.


Is it normal for people to start having vision problems in their late teens like me?Is it normal for teenagers to experience vision loss?
Yes, it's normal. I had perfect 20/20 vision my entire life, but I started noticing far away things were slightly fuzzy when I was around 21. It got a bit worse, so I went to the eye doctor and got a prescription for glasses, then contacts (which I only need to wear when I leave the house, since my vision loss isn't severe). My doctor wasn't at all surprised or concerned that my vision loss had started at that age. I'm 24 now and my vision loss hasn't advanced any further (although I'm sure it will someday, as I get older).





So yes, it's totally normal. My younger sister started having minor vision loss when she was around 17, probably about the age you are now. She's 19 now and it's advanced a bit, although she refuses to wear her glasses. :) On the other hand, my mom had perfect vision until her mid-40s. Vision loss can start at any age, and it's usually nothing to be worried about about if your eye doctor doesn't seem concerned.Is it normal for teenagers to experience vision loss?
Vision changes can take place at any time, which is why Drs recommend yearly eye exams. Don't worry, you are normal.
yes its perfectly normal. ur sight may change due to change in the eyeball size and shape of eye structures during growth period.

No comments:

Post a Comment