Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm travelling to Cambridge for the summer with a group of teenagers, which places should we visit?

I am a teacher taking my students for a summer course in cambridge, we are all from Mexico and would love to know which places are a most in the list of sigthseeing and attractions particularly since they are really keen on visiting london and other popular places.I'm travelling to Cambridge for the summer with a group of teenagers, which places should we visit?
Well, there's Cambridge..!





The colleges, punting on the river Cam...


(some of the best free entertainment in the world, watching the tourists tryng to punt...)


The Imperial War Museum Duxford for a massive and impressive collection of aircraft and military vehicles.


The pre-fab house there, an example of what many Britons lived in just after WW2 might prove a surprise.





Away from Cambridge, London, obviously.


I firmly recommend a river trip, to get a good view of London.


From Embankment pier (near the Houses of Parliament) at least to the Tower of London, or out to the Thames Barrier and back... It's about the fastest way to put the centre of London in context, and it's easy on the feet.





There's also lots of other options for day-trips from Cambridge.


URL's below just for examples.

1 comment:

  1. I would highly recommend taking a punting trip in Cambridge. I took one when I went to study in Cambridge a few summers ago. My friend actually runs a punting company, I'm sure I could speak with him to arrange a good deal for you if that is of interest. his email is mrmounting@hotmail.com
    Also you can go on very insightful (but not always too captivating!) walking tours of Cambridge. They are highly informative and education and last about 2 hours. You can contact me at tersoosugden@hotmail.com if you would like any other recommendations for Cambridge. best regards,
    Tersoo

    ReplyDelete