Sunday, May 9, 2010

What kind of cymbals do I need to play teenagers by My Chemical Romance on the drums?

Does any one know what cymbals I would need to play Teenagers on the drums (by My Chemical Romance)What kind of cymbals do I need to play teenagers by My Chemical Romance on the drums?
the only cymbals u will ever need, unless u get like beyond godly at drumming and making millions from it, all u need is a set of hi hats, a big crash, a smaller crash for contrast, a ride or crash-ride, and a china. if u wanna add some more effects get a bell effects cymbal like a Zil-bel or a splash. i only use zildjian cymbals theyre great quality (even the cheaper models). ive only had 2 replace one because i dropped it on cement and it cracked, but none have crackedfrom playing, and i play hard. the only non-zildjian cymbal i use is a wuhan china crash cymbal. they sound better than any china ive heard (even the high name xpencive brands) and they are DIRT CHEAP! i have an 18'; that ran me $38. best investment i ever made. u can emulate damnn ear any song in the history of songs with a set up like i suggested. just aim for zildjian cymbals in ur price range cause they all sound good, but of course, the more xpensive they r, the better they sound.What kind of cymbals do I need to play teenagers by My Chemical Romance on the drums?
It is not so much the cymbals they are playing but the PRODUCTION mix they put on the final mix. Their bio says they use Zildjan cymbsls. But how they mic the cymbals in the recording studio; then what FX they put on the mix in the recording studio is the key. If you are in a recording studio or have a home studio with Pro Tools or Garageband even- then I can give you an idea of what EQ levels you should use to mic and record your drum kit. But I believe they used machine generated drum kit (meaning it was a mix of pre recorded samples that they patched together to ADD to regular live drum kit). Need more info to give you an accurate answer. What software do you have for in studio/ at home recording or live performance amps. What microphones do you use for drum kit?
OMG I LOVE THAT SONG!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment