Thursday, May 13, 2010

Why do the majority of adults look down on, prejudge, and stereotype teenagers?

I feel that almost every adult just assumes they are better then me just because they are older. They never take me seriously or listen to my opinions. When I go out to a restaurant, the mall, the movies, or anywhere else with my friends it is obvious that people are watching us just because we are young and therefore they don't trust us. It seems like almost every adult thinks that every teenager is a cheating, lying, stealing, disrespectful ';punk';. Why is this?Why do the majority of adults look down on, prejudge, and stereotype teenagers?
And when you are old, you will feel like those younger than you are looking down at you, prejudging you, and stereotyping you. You will feel that they do not respect you or listen to your opinions just because you are old.





Welcome to the human condition, my friend. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment