Tuesday, May 11, 2010

For those people with teenagers what do you do when it comes to chores?

Ok what chores do you have them do? Do you reward them with money or letting them go places they desire. I let my 15 year old daughter do things she likes if she does what I ask of her. I only plan on giving allowance when she starts to babysit her baby brother. He is almost 1. I am a first time mother to a teenager I am just getting advice and opinions from others in similar situations. Just asking.For those people with teenagers what do you do when it comes to chores?
Cleaning up after my dog's back end.


Vacuuming.


Dishes.


Making all the beds.


Keeping my rooms neat.


[Bedroom, Bathroom, Playroom, at all times.]


Cleaning out the closet.


Keeping my drawers in reasonable condition.


Watering the flowers.


And chores as assigned.


And I don't get allowances. I get to have friends over, or hang out with them. Get money to go to the movies, etc.For those people with teenagers what do you do when it comes to chores?
I voluntarily do my own laundry and clean my room when I can. I always take care of my horse and other animals, and I keep all my tack and supplies clean and in good condition.





I have bad muscle/nerve problems, so my parents just let me do what I can when I can. When I'm feeling good enough I help with whatever they need help with. My parents pay horse board and my mom takes me to the barn every night... I think that's my reward.





I used to do -everything- though when I was 5-12. My mom was stuck in bed and my dad worked a lot, so I had no choice. My parents would buy me a lot of toys, which was fun at that age.
the chores my brothers and I have to do include:





Cleaning up when the dog has an accident, taking the dogs out, making koolaid, feeding the dogs, vacuuming sweeping and mopping all the floors, wiping the counters and tables, taking out the trash, cleaning out the fridge, doing the laundry, making dinner, cleaning the bathroom, living room, and kitchen.





We don't get paid, but we have all the bills paid for us, so we don't complain.... well we do sometimes, but not usually. lol
Im 13.


I get 10 dollars allowance a week.





Clean room (it gets messy easily)


Clean my bathroom


Do the dishes


Take out the trash


%26amp; anything else asked.





Responsobilities I have


Practice cello and piano.


Do my homework.
It seems as if you are doing a great job. Teens need chores. Good ones are taking out the trash, doing dishes, cleaning up after dinner. Just little stuff like that. Good luck





Bobby
make a chores chart and change it every week in tha way everybody will take turns in chores and duties for iqual parts
Bring the garbage out, do my own laundry, not much....
I don't have any children, but I can tell you what my mother did and it worked. Because of this, I learned the value of a dollar and learned how to keep my priorities in line. Certain chores would be worth a certain amount of money. For example, if you wash the dishes after dinner you get $5 for every time you do it. Or if you clean your room without being asked it's $10 for every time you do it. Laundry was $4, and so on and so forth. I was never given money unless I earned it. We were far from poor, but my mother wanted to instill valuable morals into me. And I can assure you, it worked. If there was a big ball game that I wanted to go to and I had blown all my money on something stupid, that was too bad for me. I would either have to do without (which made me upset at the time, but now I appreciate it) or I would have to go into hyperspeed and do as many chores as I could. Either way, both of us won. And now I realize how important it is to work hard, expect little, and save large. Also, my mother helped to teach me ways to spend and save my money. I chose to tithe on my own and she helped me with that decision. I also chose to save a dollar every time I got paid at least $10, and that added up more than I could have ever imagined it would. I still have some of it left, believe it or not, and I'm using it on student loans. I hope this was helpful!
  • eye liner color
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment