Thursday, May 13, 2010

Has anyone ever wondered why teenagers know everything at such a young age but people who are older than them?

Don't understand anything about them, anything they say, or anything in general? I was just wondering the cause of this backwards miracle?Has anyone ever wondered why teenagers know everything at such a young age but people who are older than them?
LOL. It's so true, many teenagers DO act like that. It's quite annoying.


(I'm assuming this question is sarcastic, sorry if it's not)





';OMG MY PARENTS DONT UNDERSTAND ME!';


Um, yes they do. Your parents were teens once too, remember?Has anyone ever wondered why teenagers know everything at such a young age but people who are older than them?
Yes, I have wondered about this, too! My guess is because comparing our time to our parents time, if you are an adolescent, today, there are more ways of letting this knowledge get out. TV and advertisments reveal a lot. When I was in 4th grade, most of my friends already knew about sex and all of the cuss words. When I asked my dad, he didn't learn about the words until high school. I didn't go so far as to ask when he learned about sex...I'm guessing it was before or during the time when he was making me. AGH, sorry. But I think that today, we are growin out of the old-fashioned way of thinking. Look up the statistics of teens having sex today, compared to 20 years ago. It does seem a little odd, but I wouldn't know much about it, seeing as I am but a teen myself.
As a parent (guessing you are a parent), you should expect this. Do you think your child will start listening to you when you are 18?? 26?? Really? You think so????





You might be in for a surprise. My adult sister STILL doesn't listen to anything my parents say.





That is just what often happens in a child-parent relationship.
Well teenagers have access to a lot more information these days and do a lot more schooling. Not that anyone listens to what I know lol
yes all the time. I think when we are young we are more observant and have better insight. I also think that generations tend to think alike so there is a barrier in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment